- October 12 – Propositional Music: David Rosenboom Portrait Concert – 6:00pm at the CalArts Wild Beast – ISQ gives a preview performance of a new work by Rosenboom
- November 22 & 23 – Dorian Wood: XAVELA LUX AETERNA – 8:30pm at REDCAT – Coinciding with the centenary of Chavela Vargas, the unforgettable voice of La Llorona, Los Angeles-based artist Dorian Wood honors Chavela with Xavela Lux Aeterna, a riveting personal tribute with songs made popular by Chavela, original compositions and folk music from Costa Rica. Accompanied by an exquisite string quartet under the direction of Spanish artist Alberto Montero, Xavela Lux Aeterna is both a tribute and a dialogue between two creative souls passing through one body. With Xavela Lux Aeterna, Wood’s distinctly powerful voice explores Chavela’s “whys” with great respect and reverence, and they invite the audience at REDCAT to join them in this exploration. Xavela Lux Aeterna is a deeply personal project and a unique tribute to a legend, by one of today’s most important artists.
- December 11 – hum – 8:30pm at REDCAT – Using the vulnerability of the human voice as a connective thread, ISQ weaves together a program of music exploring hidden layers, transformations, and unspoken realities. Featuring works by Nicole Lizée, Laura Steenberge, David Rosenboom, Carmina Escobar and Sean Deyoe, and Alex Temple; featuring Julia Holter, guest artist.
- March 7 – The Planes of Your Location – 8pm at Art Share LA – a chamber music concert featuring new and recent works by Kitty Brazelton, with ISQ and friends.
- August 4 – Carlsbad Music Festival – 2:30pm at the ANA Chapel – ISQ performs works by Scott Worthington, Heena Yoon, Morgan Gerstmar, Matt McBane, and Caroline Shaw
- August 10 – Sonic Open Orchestra – 7:00pm at Civic Center Studios – performing Gavin Bryars’ The Sinking of the Titanic and works by Drum & Lace and more
- August 11 – UCSB Summer Music Festival – 7:30pm at Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall – ISQ performs works by Nicole Lizée, Kitty Brazelton, Cassia Streb, Heena Yoon, Raphael Radna, and Caroline Shaw
- July 29 – OBJECT AS SUBJECT Residency – 8:45pm at The Satellite – ISQ opens for OAS on the last night of their Satellite residency, performing Ulrich Krieger’s Up-Tight II, and joins OAS on their set
- June 13 – Dog Star 15: Harmonica Pillow – 8:00pm at REC Center – performing a new piece by Laura Cetilia with the Dog Star Orchestra. Works by April Guthrie, Daniel Corral, and Ian Power also on the program.
- June 22 – Dog Star 15: Civil Twilight – 8:00pm at the CalArts Wild Beast – performing large ensemble compositions by Ryan Seward (to knowe the spryng of the dawenyng and the ende of the evenyng, the whiche ben called the two crepuscules), Christine Burke (for 5+ performers), Sergio Cote Barco (pájaros cargando memorias) and a new piece derived June 22nd astrological positions by Marta Tiesenga, with the Dog Star Orchestra
- June 28 – New Works – 8:00pm at Betalevel – playing new music by Josh Gerowitz
- May 2 – Equal Sound: The Octopod, Isaura String Quartet, and Petrichor – 8:00pm at ArtShare LA – performing works by Scott Worthington, Gloria Coates, and John Eagle with ISQ
- March 2 – Martha Graham Dance Company’s The EVE Project – 8:00pm at The Soroya in Northridge, CA – performing with wild Up
- March 29 – Aeneas in the Underworld – 7:30pm at The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library in La Jolla, CA – San Diego New Music presents this new chamber oratorio by composer Christopher Adler
- March 30 – Aeneas in the Underworld – 8:00pm at ArtShare LA – an LA performance as Microfest presents this new chamber oratorio by composer Christopher Adler
- February 15 – One Body – 8:00pm at Boston Court Pasadena – performing John Kennedy’s one-man chamber cantata with ISQ, Timur, percussionists Yuri Inoo and Sydney Hopson, and composer/conductor John Kennedy
- December 15 – Levi, Greenwood, Reich – 7:30pm at Civic Center Studios, performing music by…Levi, Greenwood and Reich with Sonic Open Orchestra
- October 13 – Machines & Strings Pt. I – pre-show at 5:30pm, concert at 6:00pm at the Wild Beast at CalArts – featuring pieces by Amy Knoles, April Gerloff, Chrysanthe Tan, Jules Gimbrone, Sarah Belle Reid, and Stephanie Smith
- October 24 – Machines & Strings Pt. II – pre-show at 8pm, concert at 8:30pm at REDCAT – ISQ performs premieres by Ajay Kapur, Amy Knoles, Jules Gimbrone, and Ulrich Krieger, plus performances by April Gerloff, Chrysanthe Tan, and Stephanie Smith, and a premiere by Sarah Belle Reid
- August 4 – Textures II – 8:00pm at Civic Center Studios – performing the music of Gubaidulina and Shostakovich with Sonic Open Orchestra
- June 12 – ISQ @ Moroccan Lounge– 8:00pm – performing works by Johannes Ockeghem, Caroline Shaw, Francesca Caccini, and Philip Glass. Opening for Tim Carr and Midnight Sister (who we’ll also play with).
- April 19 – Storytelling– 8:30pm at Automata – performing as Guest Artist with Now Hear Ensemble on a program featuring works by Ted Hearne, Federico Llach, Pamela Z, and a premiere by Valentín Pelisch.
- March 2 – Phantom Thread – 8:00pm at The Theatre at Ace Hotel – Wordless Music and Spaceland present the U.S. premiere live score of Paul Thomas Anderson’s PHANTOM THREAD
- February 18 – Isaura Presents:– 8:00pm at Human Resources – ISQ performs works by Amy Golden, Ulrich Krieger, Nicole Lizée, Caroline Shaw, and Scott Worthington